We bring the Jesus Youth Prayer book @ your fingertips! Features
* Each prayer day jeweled with particular saint images
* Unique horizontal saints menu to choose from
* Auto selection of prayer based on current date of month
* Tween animation for text switching
* Pinch to zoom out & in.
~ An Initiative of Jesus Youth International in collaboration with EthicCoders
@CoverFlow Module – Courtesy Neil Davies (http://www.inter-fuser.com/)
Prayer is a stepping out into the presence of the Divine, going beyond the here and now, but, at the same time, opening up the here and now to the grace and action of the Lord. The Divine Master spoke of the fine mixing of the two dimensions of the life of anyone committed to the Call. “Every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old” (Mt. 13:52). The Jesus Youth Prayer combines the rich heritage of Christian prayer with the contemporary modes of spontaneity and Spirit-led dynamism
Our manner of prayer will surely determine the quality and style of our life. This is true of the individual, but more so of a movement. In the Jesus Youth Prayer there are very traditional as well as creative and dynamic elements. Entering into the serenity and depth of the time-tested traditional patterns of prayer will gradually form a person rooted in the spiritual heritage of the ages and ensure faithfulness to the little things of life (Mt. 25:21). At the same time the joyful spontaneity and a Spirit evoked lively participation will stir up a new zeal for the Lord and lead one to a creative commitment to the Kingdom. A wholesome prayer results in wholesome Christian life, balancing our commitment to the love of God and commitment to be present in the world today.
In the Jesus Youth movement there are prayer meetings which follow the Charismatic style of fully spontaneous leadership and participation, but in a small group gathering, in the meeting of a Jesus Youth Team or other fellowship gatherings, the Jesus Youth Prayer will be quite appropriate. For a person new to fellowship prayer, the present mode will be helpful for easy participation. On the other hand, for those experienced in participative prayer, the Jesus Youth Prayer will open up new depths of inner life and spiritual discipline.
The present prayer format inspired by the traditional patterns of community prayers in the Church has the following steps:
1. Introductory: The prayer begins with the sign of the cross and the community renews its participation in the life of the Trinity. This is followed by a short time of singing and spontaneous praising. 2. Psalter: The psalm is prayed alternating between two sections. This could be followed by a longer time of songs, free praise and lively spontaneous prayers. Its duration could depend on the time available and the occasion.
3. Word of God: A suitable passage from the Bible is read. A time of silent recollection for a few minutes could follow. 4. Reflection on the Word of God: Many could share their insights during this time. But in a more formal setting one person could be asked to share the reflection.
5. Response: A prayer of response using the meditations or prayers of a saint will surely lead us towards greater depth in spiritual life. 6. Intercession: The group, at this stage, spontaneously articulates various needs and all join in interceding for these intentions.
7. Conclusion: With the Lord’s Prayer and blessing the prayer comes to a close.
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!